Skip to main content

A delivery story- Raw Update

I got up in the middle of the night feeling uneasy. I had a feeling that I have an upset stomach, little did I knew that what I was feeling is what they call as Labor pain. And that’s it. I took my packed bags and asked my husband to take me to hospital. With one hour bumpy ride ( Indian roads 😑) i reached hospital. By then my pain had magically subsided. I instantly got in vacation mood and was having one of my best times in the hospital with all the attention and not to mention the food will be a crime. It was unlike any hospital food. They had food menu- from sandwiches to biriyani, they had it all. I was eating my heart out. Yes I know I am big foodie and I should not eat outside food much specially when I am pregnant. But, hey! No judging. It was night again and I started to feel uneasy again and somehow managed to get through the night. By morning I told my nurse about the pain. And to my aww I got to know that we can ask for painkillers when in pain.

                                        Well that passed and I got shifted to a general room where I could hear ladies screaming and I thought Na.. not me, I am not going to embarrass myself like that. I was asked to call Anesthesiologist if my pain is unbearable. And I was in pain but me.. Na.. not now, I thought I could manage the pain. Then reached a point where I could not breathe as I was screaming at the same time. I am a good multitasker but breathing and screaming together was something else. They got me an inhalator but I was already past that phase 🙇🏼‍♀️. And my anesthesiologist was stuck in an emergency operation. Pling!!. I was literally pleading everyone to save me. And I could see new patients been brought to the room. I was 7cm dilated my then and my anesthesiologist managed to reach to my rescue. Then for few hours I couldn't feel a thing 🤩. Epidural is magic. Then i suddenly wanted to poop. Yes, you heard me. But I couldn’t poop for some reason. I called the nurse and explained her my situation. I was taken to a private theater.  I wanted to poop so bad that I kept apologizing to my husband and to the operating staffs. I asked for another dose of epidural but not given. Pling!!.

                                     Pooping urge got stronger and stronger and then I pooped 🙆🏻‍♀️.What on earth could be more embarrassing. Every time I pooped I could feel my bones cracking. Then I lost my senses, I still don’t remember if I was pooping or pushing. Finally!! I could see my baby but, unlike in movies I didn’t care much about him. He was given to my husband and then given to me. I just couldn’t connect to him. I tried to be motherly but no I had zero feelings. But that happens to most, it takes a while to form that connection. So don’t worry if you feel unconnected. Don’t blame yourself. Just give it some time and enjoy the pampering some more while it last. You will get there and it’s a beautiful connection. My baby is one year old now and I love him to my core.






...because 
every
picture

                tells
                 a 
                   story...




Comments